How to Optimize Windows System for Peak Performance
In order to optimize the computer for smooth functioning of daily useapplications or improve system performance and postpone purchase of newmachine, it is a must to know more tips about the computer systemoptimization. The following passage takes the windows system as theexample to show how to achieve the best system performance.

The type of windows system:

1. Windows 95
2. Windows 98
3. Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
4. Windows NT
5. Windows 2000
6. Windows XP
7. Windows Vista

Nowadays XP and vista are more popular than other windows operatingsystem. After learning about the windows system, the following contentwill tell you the tips and methods to achieve the peak performance.With these tips, you can easily use your PC fast and freely.

How to improve your computer's performance:

1. Clean up the error of drive disk.

Whenever your computer crashes, or gets some unknown breakdown, theerrors will be created in your hard drive disk. They will slow yourcomputer and make you in trouble. Luckily, the windows system willcheck and clean the disk to guarantee the smooth running. You can seethe five steps to do the disk check.

a. Click Start menu and select My Computer.
b. Right-click on the drive you wish to check for errors In the My Computer dialog box (Generally it is C: drive), and click Properties.
c. Click the Tools tab in the Properties dialog box. In the Error-Checking section, press the Check Now… button. Then a dialog box will pop up as shown below.

d. Check all the check boxes. Click Start.
f. You will get a message box to prompt: schedule the disk check to start the next time you restart your computer. Click Yes.After restarting your computer, it will automatically run through adisk check before displaying your login screen. After the disk checkfinishes, Windows will automatically bring you to your login screen.
Note: Check Disk can take more than an hour to check and clean errors on your computer.

2. The temporary files removal.

The computer can pick up and store temporary files when you're lookingthrough Web pages. Over time, these files will slow your computer'sperformance. You can use the Windows Disk Cleanup screen to rid yourcomputer of these deadbeat files. Follow the next six steps to know howto do the Disk Cleanup.

In the Properties dialog box, click Disk Cleanup.

b. Right-click on the drive you wish to check for errors In the My Computer dialog box (Generally it is C: drive), and click Properties.
c. In the Properties dialog box, click Disk Cleanup.
d. Disk Cleanup will calculate how much space you can free up on yourhard drive. After its scan, the Disk Cleanup dialog box will list thefiles you can remove, as pictured below. This scan can take a whiledepending on how many files you have lying around on your computer.

e. Once the scan process is complete, click View Filesto see what Disk Cleanup will throw out. You can check and uncheckboxes to define what you wish to keep or discard. At last click OK.
f. Or select the More Options tab within the Disk Cleanup screen to remove these unused programs.

3. Do the Disk Defragmenter.

c. Click the Tools tab, and then in the Defragmentation section, click Defragment Now….
d. In the Disk Defragmenter dialog box, select the Volume at the top of the screen, and then click Analyze.
e. After analyzing your computer, the Disk Defragmenter displays amessage stating whether you should defragment your computer. Press Defragmentto clean up your computer if necessary. The Disk Defragmenter willreorganize files by placing together and organizing them by program andsize, as shown in Figure 5.

4. Install antivirus and antispyware programs.
The spyware which will collect your action on the computer without yourknowledge and virus can both reduce your system performance. Especiallyfor virus, it not only slows the system but also destroy the data.Therefore the installing of the anti-virus or spyware removal tool isreally a must. Wopti Utilities or Spyware Cleaner may be a good choice for you to protect or optimize the computer system.