1.Keywords positioning
I always try to use Google’s Keyword Tool, Google Trend, Overture Keyword Tool to search what other people are searching related to my content. Then write my content using those keywords. Some people just try to over populate keywords. I believe 6%-10% keywords in content in enough for search engines to find your website from thousands of website around the world.

2. Title Tags
Title tag is very important. Title should not be too long. For Google, 70 characters are enough for SERP. Keywords should be place in a natural way. Repetitions look is odd to see when web pages come on SERP. Descriptive titles have maximum click though.

3. Internal Linking
Internal linking is very important. The more links are spread, the more Page Rank is distributed between the pages. Spiders are very frequents to different pages and can dig very deep.

4. Meta Description Tags
Meta description is another important for on-page SEO. Google only consider 155 characters from Meta description. So it’s important to write a unique Meta description within 155 characters using keywords.

5. Use Images and ALT tags
Images make articles and pages attractive to visitors. More over images are also indexed different search engines. Using relevant keywords in the image alt tags help in SERP.

6. Sitemap submission
Sitemap help visitors to navigate between pages and also helps search engine bot to index very easily. I personally submit sitemap to Google Sitemap, Live Webmaster and Yahoo! Site Explorer regularly. To generate XML sitemap, I use XML Sitemaps or VIGOS Gsitemap. For Word press websites, I use Google XML Sitemaps plug-in