Thread: write protect error on hard disk plzzz help me

super king is offline Basit jaan
    Last Online
    24th March 2024 @ 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Credits

Unhappy write protect error on hard disk plzzz help me

me jab bhi ko bhi removeable media storage like mobiles usb mmc card etc apne computer sai connect kr un mai kuch copy krne ki koshish krta hn to disk write protect ka error aajata hai mene 6 usb's try ki sab me error aya dosre pc's par wo open ho jati hai any one tell me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help mee
    mujhe solution btayen

golden43 is offline Senior Member
    Last Online
    20th March 2019 @ 03:15 PM
    Threads
    Credits

Here are a few things to try:

1. This can be caused by malware, are you sure your machine is clean? If not, run your ‘anti’ programs.

2. Plug in your device, right-click My Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management then right-click the graphic icon of the device and select Change Drive letter, then change it to one nearer the end of the alphabet.

3. Change these registry keys but create a system restore point first, just in case you have problems. Note that the keys do not necessarily exist, so don't create them as it's probably a different issue.
    A.
    Open a Run window (Windows key+R), type regedit, press Enter and in the left pane navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\StorageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).
    B.
    Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\St orageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).
    C.
    Lastly go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Control\St orageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).

Good luck.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC]http://www.itdunya.com/signaturepics/sigpic243567_5.gif[/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

super king is offline Basit jaan
    Last Online
    24th March 2024 @ 09:20 PM
    Threads
    Credits

Quote golden43 said: View Post
    Here are a few things to try:

1. This can be caused by malware, are you sure your machine is clean? If not, run your ‘anti’ programs.

2. Plug in your device, right-click My Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management then right-click the graphic icon of the device and select Change Drive letter, then change it to one nearer the end of the alphabet.

3. Change these registry keys but create a system restore point first, just in case you have problems. Note that the keys do not necessarily exist, so don't create them as it's probably a different issue.
    A.
    Open a Run window (Windows key+R), type regedit, press Enter and in the left pane navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\StorageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).
    B.
    Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\St orageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).
    C.
    Lastly go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Control\St orageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).

Good luck.
    thank you so much dear thanx a loot mera problem solve ho gya hai