Thread: Root problem

Raoof656 is offline Senior Member+
    Last Online
    23rd March 2022 @ 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Credits

Default Root problem

Mera mobile Acer liquid zest plus t08 hy. Android version 6.0 hy . Mn ny King root , kingo root, frama root, universal root apk mn mobile sy kia mgr root na hoa, super su install ni ho raha. Phir pc pe king root , kinngo root, i root sb pe try kia mge pc pe bhi root na hoa. Iroot try ni kia ar ye payment mangty hn. Mn ny sary methods azmay hn mgr bekaar. mobile hy k root hony ka naam ni ly raha.
    koi expert meri help kr dy . Koi free mn software ho jo mery mobile ko root kr dy.

Thanks
    Malik Best in the World​

SJS. is offline Advance Member
    Last Online
    18th August 2022 @ 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Credits

Hi, I will be showing you how to root this device, it's a pretty new (released last year) model from Acer (a company dev hates becauseof their no-release firmware).

I will not be held responsible for anything that will happen, proceed at your own risk

ABOUT (ME?):
    ive had this device, i really wanted to root it, but turns out that no official or legit guide is available in the internet. But with the help of some other guides about previous tutorial, and a big thanks to smartmanvartan who provided the customized twrp port for my device.

PREREQUISITES
    1. ADB and fastboot, here is a guide (Note: im using linux), if youre in windows, go to the acer webpage and download the usb driver for the device and install it.
    2. the twrp port in here. Then unpack that zip file, you will be using the twrp-mod.img file.
    3. download the supersu.zip here and put it in the external sdcard.

BACKUP!!! Make sure you also have a backup of the original firmware, so if something happens, it's easy to return to stock, you can download the firmware here

Process
    Im assuming that you already has the required files. MAKE SURE YOURE DEVICE IS z528, there are two kinds of acer liquid zest 4g.
    1. unlock the oem lock in the device, go to settings > about device > go to build number and repeatedly tap on it until you are notified that the developers option is enabled. After that, go to settings > developer option > turn on the enable the oem unlocking, enable usb debugging.
    2. turn off your device then boot into fastboot mode (press the VOL UP button and the Power Button) it should boot into the prebootloader, use the VOL UP key to navigate, then VOL DOWN to select, you have 4 options: recovery, fastboot, normal, demo, choose fastboot.
    2. while in fastboot mode, connect cable to the phone to the device, then open a terminal (command prompt if youre in windows) then type
    Code:

fastboot devices

then enter, it should return a device on the list. (if youre device is not in the list,make sure you've followed the adb and fastboot install guide)
    3. Once fastboot detects youre device, do
    Code:

fastboot oem unlock

and there will be a prompt in your device, follow it.
    4. check everything is okay with
    Code:

fastboot getvar all

and look for the bootloader if its unlocked.
    5. navigate to the place where the twrp image is located, then open terminal there (windows: shift + right click > open command prompt there) then do
    Code:

fastboot boot <name of the twrp.img>

example :
    Code:

fastboot boot twrp-mod.img

then wait for the device to restart and boot into the custom recovery.
    6. While in the custom recovery, (you will see my name there HAHAHA) tap install, locate the supersu.zip, and wait for it to get flashed. You will see some important notice about not disturbing the process, the device should boot twice and, if everything is successful, voila! your device is rooted, after logging again like your device is fresh from the store, check the supersu app, it should not throw some error
    6.5. if it's not working, try repeating the process, then before installing the supersu.zip, go to wipe first, then erase the cache (DO NOT ERASE ANY OTHER!, then go back, wipe swipe to do factory wipe.

EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK!
    Just reply if you've encounter any problem.

NOTE:
    it also works for the z628 (t08)

MUZAMMIL S.J.S.

Raoof656 is offline Senior Member+
    Last Online
    23rd March 2022 @ 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Credits

I am really thankful to you for resolving the issue, I hope it will work. The files you had mentioned are not linked here, kindly share me these files so that i can get them. I have acer z628 model.