Thread: How I Can Make Internet Or Multimedia Game Server?

Lesson4me is offline Senior Member+
    Last Online
    29th January 2019 @ 11:12 AM
    Threads
    Credits

Question How I Can Make Internet Or Multimedia Game Server?

Plz Help me

How I Can Make Internet Or Multimedia Game Server????????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Threads
    Credits

Kohi to is k baray may baitay
    Help me plz

UltimateX is offline Member
    Last Online
    26th June 2010 @ 12:36 PM
    Threads

Moved From General Discussion
    To Ask An Expert

Threads

1. Internet server k liye koi bhi windows chaly gi ye ap ne server per depend kerta hai.. or mere liye XP sheh hai..
    2. Home Base Internet Settings..
    Step 1

Make a list of the hardware you'll need to buy your home server. An older computer is the ideal centerpiece for this type of project. You will also want a multi-core processor, as much RAM as you can afford, a router and a high-capacity/high-speed hard drive.
    Step 2

Decide whether your current Internet service can provide enough bandwidth to suit your needs. Keep in mind that many ISP services have limits on the amount of traffic you are allowed each month.
    Step 3

Decide which operating system you are going to use for your home Web server. Windows 2000, NT or XP will suffice for most home Web servers.
    Step 4

Shut down any software firewalls you have running and install an HTTP server program such as Apache HTTP Server.
    Step 5

Configure your HTTP server software to share documents or applications from the correct folder on the computer. To do this, you will have to edit the following file: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf
    Step 6

Locate and edit the httpd.conf file as follows (example given would share your music folder)
    #DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"
    DocumentRoot "C:/Larry/My Music"
    And
    #

Step 7

Locate the command line "AllowOverride None" and change it to: "AllowOverride All." Save the httpd.conf file.
    Step 8

Create a password to protect your Web server.
    Multimedia Game server settings..
    1. download the HLDS UPDATE TOOL
    2. after you finished downloading the .exe run the wizard. when it asks you for the destination folder, click browse and type c:\srcds in the text and then click OK. Finish installing the wizard.

3. Press Start and click on Run (right side of the start menu). after you click on run a small window will open. type cmd in the box and hit enter.
    a command promopt will open and it would say
    C:\Documents and Settings\User>
    type cd.. and hit enter. Now it will look like
    C:\Documents and Settings>
    type cd.. and hit enter again. Now it will look like
    C:\>
    Do not forget that this is case sensitive.
    now type cd srcds and hit enter.
    It should now look like
    C:\srcds>
    type hldsupdatetool and hit enter. it will check for the newest version of the tool. there will be a list of things in the command prompt. do not read that it would most likely not make sense to you. just follow the steps here and not on the command prompt.

4. now in your command prompt type
    hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir C:\srcds

that is assuming you want cs:s for your game server. this will take you on the average about 30 minutes to an 1 hour depending on your internet connection. in that time you can either surf for admin plugins and game mods, or you can "drop the kids off at the pool" if you catch my drift. who says you can't have a good time while working?

5. You will know that your download is finished because it will say it on the command prompt. go to your srcds folder, that means click on my computer then local disk drive C: and then srcds.

6. If you don't know how the server works then i would suggest using the GUI, this is the easiet thing to do.. if you know your commands to run a game server for ex. mp_friendlyfire, then you could probably work through the server console and not the GUI. The advantages of the console over the GUI is that it uses less cpu usage and would not lag as much.a GUI is fine for learning. If you want to use a GUI then you are done. your journey has stopped and you can leave.

7. To run in console you first need to make your own config file. it is simple becuase i will give you the tools to do so. first your C:\srcds folder should still be opened. go into your cstrike then your cfg folder. in there you should see a game.cfg file. if you do then open it up using notepad. if there is information in their press ctrl + a and then press the delete button. Now go to this site CFG MAKER
    this is a easy way to make your own cfg. it is straight forward not that much explanation. after you are done creating your cfg from the website copy and paste the information from the website in the black box to your game.cfg file. now press save. close the notepad and right click on the game.cfg press rename and rename the game to server.

8. Now press start and press Run. copy and paste this information in the run box. depending on what map game and players you want to have.
    c:\srcds\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +map de_dust2 -maxplayers 16 -autoupdate

Last Online
    Threads
    Credits

Plz Dear Show me sum Screen Short.

Mustajb is offline Senior Member+
    Last Online
    10th October 2012 @ 06:02 PM
    Threads
    Credits

me ye karchuka hn pahle lakin ab update nahi horaha s